What is the best age for a newborn session?
• I like to photograph all newborns within the first two weeks of life, preferably before the 8th day of life.
What is the best time for a maternity session?
• I like to do maternity sessions between 32 and 36 weeks of pregnancy.
When should I schedule our session?
• I book very quickly, and I am typically booked one to two months in advance.
What is the typical client investment?
• A typical client invests anywhere between $800 and $3000 on products for a session.
What does your session fee include?
• The session fee is for my time and talent only as a tremendous amount of work goes into every individual session.
Do you have a minimum order requirement?
• A $350 minimum order is required so that I may limit the amount of sessions to ensure the highest quality of service and products.
Where does our session take place? Do you travel?
• Your session takes place inside my studio located in a gorgeus golf-course community in Henderson, Nevada. For combined studio and outdoor sessions there is gorgeous scenery right in the vicinity of my studio. I will travel for outdoor sessions only.
Do you currently offer baby plans?
• Not at this time. We do however photograph our littlest clients during the newborn stage, at 6 to 8 months and also at 12 to 18 months. We do offer a discount for repeat sessions within a one-year timeframe.
Do you photograph high school seniors?
• If my schedule allows for it, yes I will.
Do you offer digital negatives?
• Yes I do. They are available a la carte and are also included in some of my collections.
What should we wear?
• My style is simple, classic and organic, so simple clothing with solid, soft colors goes well with this.
Do you provide props for the portrait session?
• I have a large variety of props for every session. There is no need to bring anything unless it is something of sentimental value to you.
How long will you keep my files?
• All ordered images will be kept on file for one year. All unordered images will be purged after sixty days.
What is the preview and ordering process like? How many images do you typically proof?
• I offer the convenience of online ordering, as I do not believe in “upselling” during an ordering session. You will be presented an online slideshow of your hand-edited images from your session. I typically proof anywhere between 40-50 unique images with black and white conversions (80-90 total). You will have a seven-day ordering window to choose your prints.
Can friends and family members place an order as well?
• Yes they can very easily with the convenience of my online ordering system.
What if I need to reschedule my session?
• In the event you need to cancel your session, you will have three months to reschedule. The commission fee is non-refundable.
I only want a few images for cards so can we do a mini session?
• Because of the custom nature of my work, I only offer full sessions. Cards are only available after the minimum order requirement has been met. I may offer mini-sessions during the fall for holiday portraits, and I will make an announcement on my blog and Facebook page.
Do you offer gift certificates?
• Because of the custom nature of my work, I only offer gift certificates in the amount of the session fee plus a collection.
What payment methods do you accept?
• I accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
How long will it take to get my order?
• You will typically have your order within three weeks after placing it.
What is in your camera bag?
• I use a Nikon D4. I also have the 35 mm f1.4, 50 mm f 1.4, 85mm f1.4, 135 mm f2, 105 mm f2.8, 14-24 f2.8, 24-70 f2.8, and 70-200 f2.8 lenses.